The application, along with supporting documents, can either be e-mailed to email@example.com or mailed postage to:
Community Development Department
ATTN: Megan Nguyễn
419 Fulton, Suite 203
Peoria, IL 61602
Completed applications will be reviewed and approved on a first-come, first-serve basis. All incomplete/ineligible applications will not be processed until complete.
The East Village Growth Cell Tax Increment Financing District (TIF) Housing Program is a grant program that provides up to $15,000 of assistance to property owners of single-family residential properties for certain permanent building and site improvements on parcels within the boundary of the East Village Growth Cell TIF. The purpose of the Program is to increase the owner-occupancy rate, improve the outward appearance of homes, and increase the assessed valuation of properties within the East Village Growth Cell Boundaries.
The East Village Growth Cell Housing Program will provide up to $15,000 in assistance for the following exterior improvements only:
1. New garages
2. New Gutters
3. New Porches, steps or railings
4. Driveway and walkway (private property) improvements
5. Roof replacement
6. New siding
7. New Windows
8. New Fences
The program is a 50/50 matching grant program of the lowest qualified bid. The minimum project is $2,000, with a minimum matching grant of $1,000 and the maximum project is $30,000, with a maximum grant match of $15,000. The property owner can reapply annually, but the maximum grant for a five-year period may not exceed $15,000.
To be considered for the East Village Growth Cell Housing Program:
- The property MUST be located within the boundary of the East Village Growth Cell TIF.
- The property owner cannot owe any fine, fee or tax to the City on any property that they own or have an ownership interest in, within the corporate boundaries of the City.
- All environmental code violations must be corrected as part of the housing assistance.
- The property must be insured.
- They property cannot be designated as a nuisance property and the property owner cannot own or have an ownership interest in any other property that is designated as a nuisance property.
For applicants applying for the Non-Owner-occupied status, all the above requirements must be met in addition to:
- Applicant must not have outstanding environmental and/or housing violations on any of their other non-owner-occupied properties.