The City of Peoria is accepting applications for the 2021 Roof Repair Program. Basic contact information is being collected for a lottery. If selected for the lottery, applicants will need to provide additional income and household information to determine eligibility. A total of 20 households will receive a roof repair/replacement worth up to $15,000. Please note, submitting an application does NOT guarantee assistance.
Lottery entries will be collected from Wednesday, January 20 at 8:00 am to Wednesday, February 3rd at 5:00 pm. There is a limit of one entry per household, but there is no limit to the total number of households that may enter the lottery.
Interested applicants can enter the lottery one of the following ways:
- Go to https://portal.neighborlysoftware.com/PEORIAIL/Participant
- Click “Register,” then follow the prompts
- Call (309) 369-2060 to have a City staff member enter your lottery information
The lottery drawing will be held virtually on Tuesday, February 9th at 10:00 am and can be viewed at:
All entrants will be contacted via phone or mail by City staff in the days following the drawing. The list of selected households, as well as the waitlist, will be posted at http://www.peoriagov.org/community-development/neighborhood-development-division/ (scroll down to “Home Rehabilitation Programs,” then “Roof Program”).
The first 20 selected entries in the lottery must submit an application with all the required documentation by 5:00 pm on Friday, February 26th. If the appropriate documentation is not submitted by that time, City staff will contact the next household on the waitlist.
Applicants must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Must live in the City of Peoria.
- Must have owned home for at least one year.
- Must be current on mortgage payments OR have no mortgage on the property.
- Must be current on property taxes.
- Must have an active homeowner’s insurance policy.
- Must be income qualified. To view the 2021 income guidelines, please click HERE
- Must not owe any debt to the City of Peoria (i.e. unpaid fines, fees, tickets, etc.).
- Selected households must go through an inspection and meet all property codes.
- The following properties are ineligible for the Roof Repair Program:
- Households that have received Emergency Repair or Roof Repair assistance from the City of Peoria within the last five years
- Rental properties
- Properties being purchased contract for deed
For questions, please contact Cassie Belter, Grants Coordinator, at (309) 369-2060 or email@example.com.