The Tireless Project will hold its monthly collection of unwanted tires on Saturday, August 22nd. The collection site is located at JIMAX, 2000 W Clark Street, Peoria, IL 61607 and is open to city of Peoria residents only. The hours of collection are 9:00 AM- 11:00 AM but may end earlier if the trailer reaches its capacity of 1,000 tires.
Please note the following restrictions to the drop-off:
- The first ten tires are collected at no cost to the customer.
- Every additional tire is $1.00 per tire.
- The Tireless Project is limited to city of Peoria residents.
- Customers must have proof of residency in the form of a driver’s license, state ID, property tax statement.
- Businesses are prohibited from participating.
- No tires with rims will be accepted.
- Only passenger and truck tires 17″ or less will be accepted.
- No oversized, commercial, or agricultural tires will be accepted.
Abandoned and unwanted tires cause a nuisance and pose a risk to the health and safety of residents. Improperly discarded tires can harbor disease carrying pests such as mosquitos and rodents and contribute to blight in neighborhoods. The Tireless Project offers Peoria residents a free and responsible way to dispose of unwanted tires.
For more information on alternative recycling in Peoria and for a complete list of future Tireless Project dates, please visit www.appreciatepeoria.com/opportunties.