The #PickUpPeoria social media challenge encourages citizens to pick up litter throughout the city, and make a positive impact on the environment!
How to Enter / Eligibility:
- Post an original photo and/or video on one of the following four (4) major distribution platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or YouTube.
- The photo/video must convey at least one of the following messages:
- How litter impacts your community and/or neighborhood in the City of Peoria, IL.
- How picking up litter has a positive impact on the environment.
- What you are doing to help prevent litter in the City of Peoria, IL.
- Posts must include the hashtag #PickUpPeoria to be considered.
- Posts must be published publically, and must be able to be identified by searching the “#PickUpPeoria” hashtag.
- Posts will be accepted beginning on July 1, 2018, and the final day to submit a post will be September 30, 2018. Any entries received outside of this time frame will not be accepted.
- The Neighborhood Enhancement Coordinator, Josiah Williams, will collect / manage all entries.
- A panel of City of Peoria staff will select winners based on the post, description / caption, creativity, presentation, and relevancy to the theme.
- The winners will be announced in early October. They will receive a specialized “Litter Swag Bag,” their post will be featured on our website(s), and they will be recognized by the Mayor / other City officials.
Each entry must be original in concept, design, and execution and may not violate U.S. copyright laws. Any entry that has been copied from an existing image or video (including a painting, graphic, advertisement or commercial) that was created by someone other than the publisher is a violation of the competition rules and will not be accepted or acknowledged.
Posts must not contain anything unlawful, obscene or defamatory. City of Peoria staff reserves the right to disqualify and/or report entries that contain offensive material, profanity, slander or discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, religion, race or any other subject that is contrary to City of Peoria values.
For any questions or additional information, please contact the Neighborhood Enhancement Coordinator, Josiah Williams at email@example.com, or 309.494.8636.